There are some simple steps to becoming a Lifegroup leader:
1. Pray about it. Seriously. Ask for guidance on what to do and what to study.
2. Join the Church. (Leaders are typically members of Westside Baptist Church (See How do I Become a Member under the FAQs))
3. Meet with our Life Groups coordinator Ty Ramey and discuss what you would like to do. Before you meet, think about the answer to these questions:
– What type of group do you want to have?
– What do you want to accomplish with the group?
– What do you want to study?
(Visit the Leader Resources page and fill out ‘Defining Your Group’ )
4. Plan your group. Will it be at church or in a different location? When? What will the schedule be? We recommend these three elements at every meeting:
c. Pray (Be intentional about understanding the needs of your group, and celebrate their victories as well as sharing their struggles.)
5. Let the church know about your plan so we can help you promote it. (Understand, the best promotion will not come from us – you will get better results from your personal contacts than we will ever get by advertising it at church)
6. Invite your friends and neighbors (not just from church) and get started.